I have been meaning to keep all the Reps updated as frequently as I can but have failed miserably up to this point. While this message really doesn't contain anything new, a few of you have wondered what you could be doing to help the cause. Here's a list:
- Push our t-shirts. Bob Eustace's cell number is 917-292-7802
- Push the MADD FD shirts. Richie Solero's cell number is 516-383-6177 (for either shirt start your own sign up sheet and try to have as big an order as possible when you call).
* Read the posts on our site; they provide great ammunition for you to use in a debate or when writing a letter to the editor.
* When debating, remember you can disagree without being disagreeable.
* Always wear the proper work duty uniform on duty, but the t-shirts mentioned above can be worn off-duty anywhere.
* If you have questions, or disagree with something said at EEO training, speak up and encourage others to do the same. Silence is consent. Utilize the points made in our posts. Equal Employment Opportunity should mean Equal Employment Opportunity.
* Realize (as I know you do), and let others know, that Merit Matters is open to anyone. While we may disagree with what the leadership of a group may do or say, we do not treat people based on their membership in a group but as individuals.
* We know many are eager to become members and are eager to pay dues; we are working on this.
* Be our eyes and ears, and encourage others to do the same. Forward anything you think we should see, or call my cell 516-848-9847. We keep all confidential. We don't follow a chain of command, and no one should hesitate to call.
That's it for now. Stay safe. Have a good weekend, and say a prayer for our service men and women this Memorial Day.